What I Overheard
Wind asked Jasmine: How do you look so gorgeous?
Jasmine said: As the delight of others gets reflected on me
Jasmine to the wind: How do you blow so gentle?
Wind said: As the melody of mine I want you to enjoy
Sea asked waves: How can you sing and dance all the while?
Waves said: Feel great in amusing the viewers
Waves to the sea: How do you look bluish and beautiful?
Sea said: I am happy taking away the viewers grief.
Cloud asked the wind: Why do you chase me till I dispel?
Wind said: As I want you to be blessed gifting life to all.
Wind to the cloud: Why do you change colour and content?
Cloud said: The aim of my birth being so fulfilled.
Sky asked birds: Why do you take flight to the skies?
Birds said: As the flap of our wings fill music in the space.
Birds to the Sky: Why is your space so open and still?
Sky said: Appealing to be modest even at this zenith.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What I Overheard by Pankajam Kottarath )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(23 November 1920 - 20 April 1970)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(June 7, 1943)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
Poem of the Day
- A Brief History of Abstract Art, Paul Hartal
- Thy melody is lost, ramesh rai
- Under The Raging Water, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Daughter of Eve, ramesh rai
- Schmacebook, Esther Moe
- Excuses, Michelle Dragonfly
- They Say, Michelle Dragonfly
- someone asked me why i have so many jars.., Mandolyn ...
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...