Glen Martin Fitch
WHAT I NEED FROM YOU
I need to know
you're really here for me,
that I can be myself
and you won't mind.
I need to know
it's safe for me
to be exposed or
Like cloudy days
please tolerate my moods.
as we learn our roles.
I'll need some privacy.
Ignore my feuds.
Respect my time,
as I too have my goals.
And tell me you need me,
When I'm at my worst
I'll need you most.
I need the truth.
Watch how you scold or tease.
What joy to break my fast
with tea and toast,
and see you raise your brow
without a word to bust me,
as I'm reaching for my third.
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHAT I NEED FROM YOU by Glen Martin Fitch )
- O lord Jesus, I've dragged your name in .., devon da poet
- Recession to Poverty, Roger Bussey
- Our Life, Roger Bussey
- Iconography, Frank Avon
- Memories of the Past, Roger Bussey
- Fellow Poet, Saiom Shriver
- My First Taste of Love, Roger Bussey
- My True Love, Roger Bussey
- Separation, Anyanya Bassey
- anjaan nahin...., sanjay kumar maurya
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Ardella, Langston Hughes
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)