What I Have To Give
What I have
What I have is what god gave me
What I have are these hands
I can draw the world or even your face.
I can work hard all day and bleed to make a living
But what is the use of my hands, if I don't use it to touch you?
what good are my arms if I cannot use it to hold you for an eternity?
What I have are these lips,
I can use it to speak to you-
I could enlighten you, tell the truth or even lie
But what is the good of lying if I don't have the truth
All I have is the words of a woman,
I can tell you the secrets of my soul,
but if I cannot steal your heart, what are my words for?
And what is the use of these lips, if I don't use it to kiss your lips?
All I have are my feet.
If I am standing alone, and my shadow is fading
What time has to pass, will bring your coming
What is the use of walking alone,
when you could be walking with me
All I have are my eyes
I can see the beauty of the world
But the blind sees the secrets I know not of
What good is my eyes if I never get to see you?
What beauty can be more pleasing to see than your face?
All I have is my heart
You can bruise it, bleed it, tore it apart, amend it
The pleasure is yours!
Do as you please for you have my whole heart.
All I have is my soul
My soul belongs to god
and you have the keys to my soul
Two flesh becomes one, what am I, if I don't have my other part?
Can't you tell, a part of me is always with you?
I don't have a lot to give, but I assure you my every waking moment is built on making you happy.
.... Chetty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What I Have To Give by .... Chetty )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- call this cliche and i'll cut you, Mandolyn ...
- Snow, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Gift, Arliz Paelmo
- Draw, Abby Sze
- They Will Be Playing Trick, Neela Nath
- you are not alone, jade mears
- Anti Bullying Poem, jade mears
- Bosses Week, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Musical toy, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper Hearts, Susan Lacovara