What I Have To Give
What I have
What I have is what god gave me
What I have are these hands
I can draw the world or even your face.
I can work hard all day and bleed to make a living
But what is the use of my hands, if I don't use it to touch you?
what good are my arms if I cannot use it to hold you for an eternity?
What I have are these lips,
I can use it to speak to you-
I could enlighten you, tell the truth or even lie
But what is the good of lying if I don't have the truth
All I have is the words of a woman,
I can tell you the secrets of my soul,
but if I cannot steal your heart, what are my words for?
And what is the use of these lips, if I don't use it to kiss your lips?
All I have are my feet.
If I am standing alone, and my shadow is fading
What time has to pass, will bring your coming
What is the use of walking alone,
when you could be walking with me
All I have are my eyes
I can see the beauty of the world
But the blind sees the secrets I know not of
What good is my eyes if I never get to see you?
What beauty can be more pleasing to see than your face?
All I have is my heart
You can bruise it, bleed it, tore it apart, amend it
The pleasure is yours!
Do as you please for you have my whole heart.
All I have is my soul
My soul belongs to god
and you have the keys to my soul
Two flesh becomes one, what am I, if I don't have my other part?
Can't you tell, a part of me is always with you?
I don't have a lot to give, but I assure you my every waking moment is built on making you happy.
.... Chetty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What I Have To Give by .... Chetty )
- My Son Ali, kassem oude
- Hit Music, Michael McParland
- Mind, Soul and Spirit, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Drivers lessons, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I love you, Harold R Hunt Sr
- love, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Under the stairs., Harold R Hunt Sr
- On my shoulder, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Out of the mouth of babies., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Chand Khoya He Badlo Mein, Hwa Khamoshi .., Yashvardhan Goel
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)