What I gained and What I lost!
When One pearl came to my hand
I was happy to have it.
I was making a chain of pearls
Where each pearl is my one friend
Everyday I kept on adding pearls one by one.
And finally after many days
I thought I will just see, is my chain completed
Surprised I was
To see the pearls remained the same
Then I saw I forgot to lock the other end.
When each time I added
Each time one pearl, I was loosing from other end.
If I had managed to keep it locked
Today my chain would have been completed.
What I lost is, I am trying to regain it.
And want to add,
Whom I lost.
How can I loose one pearl....
As every pearl is unique for me in its unique way..
I like each pearls...
And I don't want to loose any.
Friends are my pearls...
Each of you are my pearls.
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What I gained and What I lost! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Outlook, hasmukh amathalal
- Of Sinne, John Beaumont
- Forgive Me, Ismim Putera
- A Monster's Warning, Bruce Larkin
- Of Teares, John Beaumont
- Advice from the Jackalope Man, Bruce Larkin
- THE MIND OF A BLACKSMITH..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- ~ Living ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- A Dialogue Between The World, A Pilgrim .., John Beaumont
- Bookworm, Naveed Khalid
Poem of the Day
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- From 'The Testament of Beauty', Robert Seymour Bridges
(1886 - 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)