What I gained and What I lost!
When One pearl came to my hand
I was happy to have it.
I was making a chain of pearls
Where each pearl is my one friend
Everyday I kept on adding pearls one by one.
And finally after many days
I thought I will just see, is my chain completed
Surprised I was
To see the pearls remained the same
Then I saw I forgot to lock the other end.
When each time I added
Each time one pearl, I was loosing from other end.
If I had managed to keep it locked
Today my chain would have been completed.
What I lost is, I am trying to regain it.
And want to add,
Whom I lost.
How can I loose one pearl....
As every pearl is unique for me in its unique way..
I like each pearls...
And I don't want to loose any.
Friends are my pearls...
Each of you are my pearls.
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What I gained and What I lost! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Silence of the Snow, Arrianna Prentiss
- Don't ever in public, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Somewhere in time, Mark Heathcote
- The wind brings warning, xeno drone
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)