What I gained and What I lost!
When One pearl came to my hand
I was happy to have it.
I was making a chain of pearls
Where each pearl is my one friend
Everyday I kept on adding pearls one by one.
And finally after many days
I thought I will just see, is my chain completed
Surprised I was
To see the pearls remained the same
Then I saw I forgot to lock the other end.
When each time I added
Each time one pearl, I was loosing from other end.
If I had managed to keep it locked
Today my chain would have been completed.
What I lost is, I am trying to regain it.
And want to add,
Whom I lost.
How can I loose one pearl....
As every pearl is unique for me in its unique way..
I like each pearls...
And I don't want to loose any.
Friends are my pearls...
Each of you are my pearls.
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What I gained and What I lost! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Distant Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Don't, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Surmounting Problems, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Reflection, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Marks Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wake Of Suicide, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Miracle, Vian Sabri
- The Acrobat, Pat Raia
- Hupa, John Tansey
- i multi-task hard for you, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Richard Cory, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)