What Hell Is This?
What Pain is this that never seems to go away,
but only grows stronger and more acute each day?
What Scars are these that never seem to fade,
but only reopen anew without aid of any blade?
What Nightmares are these that never seem to stop,
but only proceed to sprout up like some bumper crop?
What Ailment is this that doesn’t seem to have a cure,
but only leaves one with no other choice but to inure?
What Helplessness is this that has no right to any help,
but only leaves one feeling too foolish to cry out or yelp?
What Hell is this that has plenty of demons and no Satan,
but only knows one gatekeeper and that be a Shaitan?
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (What Hell Is This? by Elena Plotkin )
- ህድደን ዎርድስ - Hidden Words, Is It Poetry
- The blind man., richard harris
- Unbearably, Lilly Emery
- Across the courtyard, Jorge Rolon
- Why Must I Toil?, Monk E. Biz
- Stay Devoted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- AUTUMN BRIDE, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz