What Hell Is This?
What Pain is this that never seems to go away,
but only grows stronger and more acute each day?
What Scars are these that never seem to fade,
but only reopen anew without aid of any blade?
What Nightmares are these that never seem to stop,
but only proceed to sprout up like some bumper crop?
What Ailment is this that doesn’t seem to have a cure,
but only leaves one with no other choice but to inure?
What Helplessness is this that has no right to any help,
but only leaves one feeling too foolish to cry out or yelp?
What Hell is this that has plenty of demons and no Satan,
but only knows one gatekeeper and that be a Shaitan?
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (What Hell Is This? by Elena Plotkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Remember..., Damian Murphy
- Love has power, hasmukh amathalal
- Uneasy Rider, Diane Wakoski
- Perfect, Awkward Reality, Simon Quperlier
- The Photos, Diane Wakoski
- Thank You Dad!, Damian Murphy
- Change Self Attitude and Find the World .., umaprosad das
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- Life May Move, hasmukh amathalal