What Happened To Us? We Found A New Drug. God Help Us.
What happen to us?
We live in a superficial cloud
We are afraid of the living
Communicating our feelings to a screen
We used to live and enjoy life together
Now we fantasize and live in a pathetic fallacy
We do not know who we are anymore
A mortal human or an immortal whore
We cared about those around us
We said hello, good morning, how are you?
We genuinely cared
Now we are plugged in and focus what is in our hands
Before we knew who we saw
Now we only know those on our blog
The world was safe because we helped each other
We now cower behind closed doors
We enjoyed nature and the natural beauty around us
We were imaginative and had personal dreams
Now we imagine someone's else
We used to think freely and be creative
Now we have instructions and cheat sheets
We used to be able to use our hands in emergencies
Now we draw a blank and are helpless when the batteries are drained.
What happened to us?
Technology was meant to help
Now it controls us
We found a new powerful drug
God help us.
Dimitri Jagodinski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Happened To Us? We Found A New Drug. God Help Us. by Dimitri Jagodinski )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Queen Patrenialla - Part 3 Page 2, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- Whispers in the Dark, Adeosun Olamide
- Slipping, Sliding, Ann Clark
- Epitaph, Bozhidar Pangelov
- unveil, baharak barzin
- Sciences Take xx xxx xx Original .., Lee Mack
- Queen Patreniallla - Part 2 Continued, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- Transitory, Babbling Brookes
- Having Fun, Noah Body
- winter, Clara Keiper