What does christmas mean to you? ?
'Melissa' my sister Sophia says,
'What does christmas mean to you? '
A little girl about the age of seven replies
'Christmas is the time you get to spend with your family
And experience the joy of giving.'
No matter how true this was
doesnt mean it will ever happen again
For, that night as we were tapingour christmas
and our 'everlasting joy
Our opening presents
the unearthly presence
The one that covers wach girl and boy
Little did we know
that this would be
our last time
For after that
we drifted apart
moving from eachother
And the we lost sophia our darling sister
And then we lost our mother.
We never had another christmas
Where we sat around a tree
I never got to see that joy again
Wat least not inside of me
So what does christmas mean to you?
Now take time to really think
Hold on tight to that idea
and never let it sink.
Melissa Ferrer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What does christmas mean to you? ? by Melissa Ferrer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Expression Eruption: Alcohol, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Death please came and take me, tsholofelo phakathi
- The Ph.D. Guide & The Girl Scholar (A Lo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- And Were You Dreaming In The Licorice Ni.., mary douglas
- Por-por Chha Gaya.........., Upendra Singh
- It Is Beautiful To Act Like A Sattagerin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minimalism, Adonis Enricuso
- Treasure Box, Adonis Enricuso
- Palestine; We Let You Down, Guess Who
- Por-por Chha Gaya Basant, Upendra Singh