What does christmas mean to you? ?
'Melissa' my sister Sophia says,
'What does christmas mean to you? '
A little girl about the age of seven replies
'Christmas is the time you get to spend with your family
And experience the joy of giving.'
No matter how true this was
doesnt mean it will ever happen again
For, that night as we were tapingour christmas
and our 'everlasting joy
Our opening presents
the unearthly presence
The one that covers wach girl and boy
Little did we know
that this would be
our last time
For after that
we drifted apart
moving from eachother
And the we lost sophia our darling sister
And then we lost our mother.
We never had another christmas
Where we sat around a tree
I never got to see that joy again
Wat least not inside of me
So what does christmas mean to you?
Now take time to really think
Hold on tight to that idea
and never let it sink.
Melissa Ferrer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What does christmas mean to you? ? by Melissa Ferrer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Key to My Heart, Whitney Brown
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Merry Christmas Dad, David Boyce
Poem of the Day
- Until Next Time, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Unity and strength., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- That shall keep, hasmukh amathalal
- Change the scene, hasmukh amathalal
- To Whom It May Concern, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Unsuitable, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People of Pernambuco 2, Kim Barney
- Strange Foods: Oatmeal Omelet, Kim Barney
- Not a Real Poem 2, Kim Barney
- A Christmas with Simplicity, Akhtar Jawad