What Do You See?
What do you see? Those eyes. Staring.
You're not looking at me, you're looking past me.
You're looking through me. What do you see?
I'm unclean, I know. No one knows, but you.
What do you see? All my shame and guilt?
Scars so deep? Scars, those scars.
They shouldn't be there in the first place.
No one sees them, but you. I'm sure of it.
It's the way you look at me.
Those eyes, dark, yet so soft.
Your stare, so penetrating.
Tell me, what do you see?
All my deepest and darkest secrets.
Do you see them? When you stare?
You never say. I pray it doesn't frighten you away.
I'm ashamed, but please stay
Tell me, what do you see, when you look at me?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Do You See? by Ninette Gumanda )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- She Met Three Interesting People In The .., Toshie Nohara
- Aketay Imetay, D.L. Aceves
- Celestial Musings, Chris Running Bear
- Fairy Tale Of Magical Worlds, Chris Running Bear
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul
- Gazing up the sky, Seira LNlee94