What Do You See?
What do you see? Those eyes. Staring.
You're not looking at me, you're looking past me.
You're looking through me. What do you see?
I'm unclean, I know. No one knows, but you.
What do you see? All my shame and guilt?
Scars so deep? Scars, those scars.
They shouldn't be there in the first place.
No one sees them, but you. I'm sure of it.
It's the way you look at me.
Those eyes, dark, yet so soft.
Your stare, so penetrating.
Tell me, what do you see?
All my deepest and darkest secrets.
Do you see them? When you stare?
You never say. I pray it doesn't frighten you away.
I'm ashamed, but please stay
Tell me, what do you see, when you look at me?
Ninette Gumanda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Do You See? by Ninette Gumanda )
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
- Drops on Earth, binod bastola
- On Her Bed She Lay, White Lily
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)