Waltz For Zizi
What Did You Do With Your Heart?
That was you, holding my heart in your palm
like a flower.
Last night, I found myself in a dream, I had many times before,
a dream that I deemed to be real, in the 29'th day of an april.
Counting the stars on your cheeks,
and the kisses on my lips,
the old kisses that you gave me, fortuitously,
in the empty elevator
or on the black stairs,
when the world was holding itself, far from our childish hearts.
Night was too short in your room, and the day too,
and my heart, never would have gotten bored of you,
like others did.
I'm so ashamed of my heart.
She made you leave, after their dreams,
..she was a fool,
for she did not know how to love you
the way you wanted to be loved.
Straying nude in their palms, your kisses, on their lips,
while alone I love you,
more than the sum of them all,
losing you in their beds,
my dreams become dust.
I cannot follow your heart there,
but I'm gonna be here, even tomorrow
writing poems for you
like a lover, because
I've lost my heart in your arms
and I want it back.
Give it back!
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Did You Do With Your Heart? by Waltz For Zizi )
- Boond Boond Boond Barse Chain, Yashvardhan Goel
- O My God, Meri Ek Bhi Nahin, Uski Tin-Ti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Fabus Indulcet Fames, michael walkerjohn
- One Not, But Three Bibis, Veiled Wives, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Alive In S'November To Remember - The Ta.., Joe Muschaweck
- Each Day With You KP, Michael McParland
- थिरिँ बिरिँ x6, Ronjoy Brahma
- debauched, Frank Weedings
- The Doubter and the Doubt , Ananta Madhavan
- A, Vera Sidhwa
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- ا ق ب ا ل .., shahnawazz zaidi
- Fine Days, Orhan Veli Kanik
- When I Have Fears, John Keats
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1644 - 1694)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)