Waltz For Zizi
What Did You Do With Your Heart?
That was you, holding my heart in your palm
like a flower.
Last night, I found myself in a dream, I had many times before,
a dream that I deemed to be real, in the 29'th day of an april.
Counting the stars on your cheeks,
and the kisses on my lips,
the old kisses that you gave me, fortuitously,
in the empty elevator
or on the black stairs,
when the world was holding itself, far from our childish hearts.
Night was too short in your room, and the day too,
and my heart, never would have gotten bored of you,
like others did.
I'm so ashamed of my heart.
She made you leave, after their dreams,
..she was a fool,
for she did not know how to love you
the way you wanted to be loved.
Straying nude in their palms, your kisses, on their lips,
while alone I love you,
more than the sum of them all,
losing you in their beds,
my dreams become dust.
I cannot follow your heart there,
but I'm gonna be here, even tomorrow
writing poems for you
like a lover, because
I've lost my heart in your arms
and I want it back.
Give it back!
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Did You Do With Your Heart? by Waltz For Zizi )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- I'm Kunta, Ivan Brooks Sr
- Martin Chuzzlewit II, douglas scotney
- In my head., Jessica Amburgey
- Groove Of A New Sound, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Depths Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 185, John Westlake
- Wash over me., Jessica Amburgey
- Martin Chuzzlewit, douglas scotney
- Love Note 18, Michael P. McParland
- A Rest 2, Michael P. McParland