Waltz For Zizi
What Did You Do With Your Heart?
That was you, holding my heart in your palm
like a flower.
Last night, I found myself in a dream, I had many times before,
a dream that I deemed to be real, in the 29'th day of an april.
Counting the stars on your cheeks,
and the kisses on my lips,
the old kisses that you gave me, fortuitously,
in the empty elevator
or on the black stairs,
when the world was holding itself, far from our childish hearts.
Night was too short in your room, and the day too,
and my heart, never would have gotten bored of you,
like others did.
I'm so ashamed of my heart.
She made you leave, after their dreams,
..she was a fool,
for she did not know how to love you
the way you wanted to be loved.
Straying nude in their palms, your kisses, on their lips,
while alone I love you,
more than the sum of them all,
losing you in their beds,
my dreams become dust.
I cannot follow your heart there,
but I'm gonna be here, even tomorrow
writing poems for you
like a lover, because
I've lost my heart in your arms
and I want it back.
Give it back!
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Did You Do With Your Heart? by Waltz For Zizi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Christmas Bells, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Who Am I Here? #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- To My Wife, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Where I Am #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- Darkness #2, Holly Wotherspoon
- Last Minute Christmas Eve 1964, mary douglas
- Darkness #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- I Don't Want, Michael P. McParland
- Red Tulips, Holly Wotherspoon
- Holding On, Michael P. McParland
- Holding You Tight, Michael P. McParland