Well! Well! Well!
Well, well, well! It won’t be long now,
Our love writes out the lines, records its final story,
And as in all things possessing world’s glory
Ends and soon vanishes without a trace.
Perhaps we never meet again.
We learn the awful ache,
What separation means,
Once time runs out, and we see,
It’s too late to mend a heart
- Let’s make it plain -
A heart now rendered and torn apart.
Right now I feel it’s true,
We shall never meet again, while
Yet we remain this side of heaven, while
We still abide on earth’s shore of the river.
Strange, yeah, how fragile my hope
(Really quite ridiculous!)
That you stop it with your forked tongue,
Abandon your bad habit, and proclaim,
Just admit it; you broke the deal!
And, as for me, you know the story,
Surrender, otherwise, forget it!
Just tell all, say to one and all,
I am gone, you’ve done me wrong.
I swear, I don’t care, I don’t care.
I am gone, gone, gone, gone!
The hurt is bad, real bad.
I am through with you in my face.
Remember when I begged you,
Had to implore, time after time, and again.
You had your tickets booked in advance.
You always knew when and where you were traveling.
It was an easy request;
I wanted a few months' itinerary.
You pretended not to know the meaning,
The meaning of the common, English word, itinerary.
And when you had finally answered my supplication,
And sent me your plans, you had fabricated a calender.
Awful! None of your timings proved true.
Actually, and here speaks the truth of the matter,
It was sad, so very sad,
After all the time we had spent together,
And that we were well-suited in so many ways.
Treachery, simplest poetic conceit sums it,
It was game; you played me.
You had a pack of lies.
I’ve had it! I’m really gone! Moved on,
Because you have done me wrong!
STANLEY PACION's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Well! Well! Well! by STANLEY PACION )
- May I help you?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Psalm CV, John Vicars
- Here and there هون و هنيك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- tear water, gordon nosworthy
- People's eyes, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Every letter has its own address المكتوب.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Forlorn, Katinka Havermans
- From Creation To Extravagance, Naveed Akram
- Everlasting, Michael McParland
- Lonely Only, Sunny Chopra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)