Welcome to Paradise
Welcome to Paradise.
You've been gone too long.
Your journey's been hard
to learn right from wrong.
Mistakes were necessary.
That's how you learn.
And all through it all
your soul did yearn
to bring you home
and bring you peace.
Now for a while your
troubles will cease.
You'll renew relationships
and remember about love.
You'll vow to do better
when it's time to move on.
But will you remember
when that bright new dawn
appears and says to you.
'Live this life. Forget the last one.
For your brand new adventure
has just begun.'
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Welcome to Paradise by Edwina Reizer )
- The Drunkard Saheb Lying Fallen And His .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Circles, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Oxygen of life, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Orospu, Muzaffer Akin
- Desperation in the eyes, Emmanuel George Cefai
- the Olympians, Emmanuel George Cefai
- we develop in pain, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Chances of life, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Permutations and combinations, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Haiku. Blind (5-7-5), Valsa George
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fine Days, Orhan Veli Kanik
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The House of My Childhood, Dilip Chitre
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)