i lied in bed next to her, as her life
drained from her body
she was not wishing me goodbye
but was welcoming me home.
home into her heart, where i was
such a big part.
we shared hopes, dreams, memories
and joys beyond compare.
for alongside me she was always there.
together we smelled the roses
and looked up to the skies
seeing clouds forming shapes
and asking ourselves why?
a letter, a note, little things you wrote
a smile, a laughter, little things we did after.
i feel the warmth of your love
filling my every being
touching my soul
and giving me meaning.
now i know just what you meant
that we would never part.
for the truest gift in life is love
which stays within the heart.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Welcome Home by louis rams )
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher
- Get Back To Those Books, Ronell Warren Alman
- Llama Looks Up, Warren Falcon
- Mad Cow Gelatin, Saiom Shriver
- My Wish One Day, But..., Luis Estable
- Now That I Love You, abigail sikwenda
- AMALFI COAST, Elia Michael
- My Lover`s Lips Are Honey, Luis Estable