Welcome Back Nayembi - Lincoln Park Zoo
I am Nayembi. I am back,
Headlining at Lincoln Park Zoo.
Posing for pics - I got the knack.
That's what baby gorillas do.
My adoring public does cheer
My comeback from an injury.
Crowds, lights and cameras are here.
The center of attention - Me!
I'm showing off for Mom and Dad.
They know their little girl's on show.
And they seem happy. I'm so glad
I'm back here at home - doncha know!
I'm just the cutest little Ms.
I just can't help it. That's show biz!
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Welcome Back Nayembi - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Raise Him, Elia Michael
- Moonlight In Abraka, Humphrey Bryant
- Levitation is Nothing New, Clayton Van Schaack
- Morning Song, Pijush Biswas
- Nightfall, Humphrey Bryant
- Directions Of Magical Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sackcloth and Ashes, Matthew Buck
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns