There used to be winters before the weather became entertainment.
There was frost, rain, flooding and landslide one had to accept as norm,
unless it was of a disastrous dimension.1948 was so cold birds fell
from the sky and we had steal coal at the depot – a hole in the fence not
repaired before spring- the worker knew but looked away, this was a time
of social cohesion, we´re equally poor and recovering from a war
Snow in Ohio, and we see cars skidding on icy roads, what a distraction
from our sheltered life, nature actually exists and we better show respect
if not nature will turn against us and shake us into obeisance.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Weather Forecast by oskar hansen )
- Sometimes I Cry, Lilly Emery
- MEDUSA, Lilly Emery
- The Exile, Rishi Kaul
- Bitter Sweet, Lilly Emery
- Strip unfinnished, lee fones
- Will You Love Me When I'm Old, Lilly Emery
- You Won't Let Me, Heather Burns
- Love Is The Flame, Lilly Emery
- A HERE WE PART و من هنا نفترق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fading Into Yesterday, Heather Burns