We Shall Endure
Tempered times tangled in transition,
With hearts and souls recovering in remission.
Wounded and warned in the age of the wicked,
Life renews love with labels lifted.
Battled, beaten and branded from war.
There is no need to settle the score.
Created and crafted but not full coerced,
Vitally and viably we become fully versed.
Life lived through love and devotion,
Chastised lives, with changes chosen.
Bitter, broken and belated but true
Head held high, handedly not cruel.
Withered world yet wild we are,
We carry on life with our battle scar.
Fortune, famine, and feast we experience
Yet we evolve and survive through perseverance.
© REB (Dec 2012) We are battle strong, we shall endure.
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (We Shall Endure by Rik Bertrand )
- _Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- AN EMOTIONAL STORY I COULDN'T TELL, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid