We Shall Endure
Tempered times tangled in transition,
With hearts and souls recovering in remission.
Wounded and warned in the age of the wicked,
Life renews love with labels lifted.
Battled, beaten and branded from war.
There is no need to settle the score.
Created and crafted but not full coerced,
Vitally and viably we become fully versed.
Life lived through love and devotion,
Chastised lives, with changes chosen.
Bitter, broken and belated but true
Head held high, handedly not cruel.
Withered world yet wild we are,
We carry on life with our battle scar.
Fortune, famine, and feast we experience
Yet we evolve and survive through perseverance.
© REB (Dec 2012) We are battle strong, we shall endure.
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (We Shall Endure by Rik Bertrand )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Between the lines, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Common Crow, Prasad Natarajan
- Silver Twine, Prasad Natarajan
- Concrete Fill, Prasad Natarajan
- Sonnet # 512, Luis Estable
- In born, hasmukh amathalal
- Sonnet # 511, Luis Estable
- Point for struggle, hasmukh amathalal
- Good lien, hasmukh amathalal
- Darkness Surrounds, Shalom Freedman