We are seeing through the Red
O my evil pet, eating my Joy
Den: My patience’s decoy,
Only to mislead
I am searching Peace,
Here I bleed. You bleed…
Where ye flew the winged bird?
Heavens blithe Spirit!
The soul of our holy existence!
Eyes laden with dew
Life has became, surd
Sorrow lingers to gloom
Chord tied with flowers bloom
Playing with red
Red; splashed on mind, heart, eyes,
Thought, breath, stupid, wise
Where to find, at what place?
Away from bliss, away from grace
Tell me brother, Where is the shade?
‘We are seeing through the red’
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (We are seeing through the Red by Aftab Alam )
Did you read them?
- Sun Sets, Lore Me34
- Dreams, Kshitiz Gupta
- If Only, Kshitiz Gupta
- Science and Religion, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ............. Traveling To Meet Minor In.., Is It Poetry
- So Much More, Sandra Feldman
- 157. An Ex's Word Is Easily Broken, John Westlake
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)