Waters Of Grief
Could stagnant waters stare into grief?
Could blame be cast on shadowy streets?
My hearts are structured on unique winds,
Blowing through the veins and arteries of size.
I preserve hearing and seeing for glories
Seized by soldiers from heaven and hell,
Both styles within, both fears without.
That form of straight road is again in flight,
Crazy fierce armies of hate are arranged before
Me, like phalanxes of mighty hearts
So loved by themselves.
The stagnant water is deeper than blood,
A truce is in eerie ways, as a tribal custom
Asserts the dependency and independency.
The fighting of wars is a serious hurdle
For artists of the human rights.
The soldiers are seized by the power of the wind,
Nihilism contracts and exhales its stench,
Nightly the dreams come roaring in,
Let humans be absolved of all their tin and sin,
As they are robots of the mightiest wars in
Some form of existence.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Waters Of Grief by Naveed Akram )
- LIMERICK FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- Wine and Heart, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Sun Doth Shine, Tango Tango
- Alive, Leong Ming Loong
- Poems proclaim, Mark Heathcote
- My Battle Ground, Emily Krauss
- Whatcha Doing, Emily Krauss
- More And More Sheila And Clifford ..... .., Bri Edwards
- Ends, douglas scotney
- To Wait On A Woman, Randy McClave
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(22 March 1941 -)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)