Imagine the ghost I would become,
The ghost that's yet to be,
While my body sleeps the sleep
Of death- yet I am free.
Imagine eyes, that watch the dawn
Un-cumbered by the frame
That bore, close to a century-
But no more claims a name.
Imagine loving presence guards
The living flesh of one,
Who once upon the earth had forged
A bond: in blood was done.
Imagine me with you always,
More than ever before;
No counterfeit of life or death
Can ever close that door.
Patti Masterman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Watch-Ghost by Patti Masterman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dead Veg, Richard Lee
- House of Cards, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Flying Turtles, Richard Lee
- The Guaca-mole, Richard Lee
- Pop goes the Easel, Richard Lee
- Word of mouth from the people of audacio.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- House Spiders, Judith Vollmer
- Divine Bird, Somanathan Iyer
- Concerns of a happy man, Chisomo Chris Nasiyaya
- Two Debates, Naveed Akram