Was it Really so?
And did the countenance divine
shine forth upon Bethlehem’s hills;
and did a host of angels give praise
at the birth of the Saviour near an inn?
And did the Magi come from afar
to pay homage, guided by a star,
and did Caesar a census decree
and Herod go on a killing spree?
It matters not what tales are told,
or if the Truth in myths clothed;
I only know my Redeemer was born
to show the Way and for sins atone.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Was it Really so? by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sleep now, hasmukh amathalal
- OUR NEIGHBOR'S BABY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Older, Younger, Both, Joyce Sutphen
- Living in the Body, Joyce Sutphen
- Beggar thy Neighbor, John F. McCullagh
- In Black, Joyce Sutphen
- Ever After, Joyce Sutphen
- Miracle entry, hasmukh amathalal
- Evening Angelus, Joyce Sutphen
- Casino, Joyce Sutphen