Was it Really so?
And did the countenance divine
shine forth upon Bethlehem’s hills;
and did a host of angels give praise
at the birth of the Saviour near an inn?
And did the Magi come from afar
to pay homage, guided by a star,
and did Caesar a census decree
and Herod go on a killing spree?
It matters not what tales are told,
or if the Truth in myths clothed;
I only know my Redeemer was born
to show the Way and for sins atone.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Was it Really so? by Isam Hussain )
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler
- In your eyes, kyvin nash
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis