Wandering down the empty lanes
why do they build empty freeways?
Why do they make train tracks where there aren't any trains?
Why do they leave pieces there to rust?
Why do they plant honeysuckles where it doesn't rain?
Why do they keep a river caged-up?
Why do they sound the sirens
when there isn't time left to run?
Why do tornadoes go in the city?
Why doesn't anyone care?
Why doesn't the fire ever listen
to the firefighters?
Why do cats climb trees
when they know they cannot come down?
Why do dogs chase cats
when they know they cannot get caught?
Why don't kittens cry
when they are locked up in the pound?
Why do dogs bark
when that's usually why they're there?
Why do we wander from home
if it is really our home?
don't you know that wild animals
get run over on the road?
Why do we hold on to painful thoughts
when it just makes us feel worse?
why do we listen to sad songs
when we're trying to feel better?
Why do we leave our house
when it starts to burn?
because once we leave our home
there's no home anymore.
Why do we wander down the street?
Why do we cuss when we could scream?
Why do we hate when we could love?
Why do we let this world get the better of us?
Why do we drive by people crying
and wonder why no one cries when we hurt?
why do we wander without water
in the middle of the desert?
What's wrong with humanity? !
Why have they screwed-up Christianity? !
Why do they work until they have to drink? !
What more can people take? !
We wander, and you think God just forgives? !
We're the vine, He's the husbandman,
You think He'd stay with a whore? !
Oh, where has love gone, my friends?
Wandering down the empty lanes.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wandering by Kelly Zion )
- Khwaabon ki Haqikat, Ahatisham Alam
- THE BIRTH LAND, Abhishek Kumar Singh
- Hame Rone ki aadat pad gai, Ahatisham Alam
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.72, Mr. Nobody
- Lovers are Poets and Poets are Lovers, Mr. Nobody
- I dont have to but I love you Blues Song, Dimitri Jagodinski
- Mulder, John Carlos
- I am here to help you, gajanan mishra
- Father, gajanan mishra
- Within The Forest, Brianna SaurusRex
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)