Wandering down the empty lanes
why do they build empty freeways?
Why do they make train tracks where there aren't any trains?
Why do they leave pieces there to rust?
Why do they plant honeysuckles where it doesn't rain?
Why do they keep a river caged-up?
Why do they sound the sirens
when there isn't time left to run?
Why do tornadoes go in the city?
Why doesn't anyone care?
Why doesn't the fire ever listen
to the firefighters?
Why do cats climb trees
when they know they cannot come down?
Why do dogs chase cats
when they know they cannot get caught?
Why don't kittens cry
when they are locked up in the pound?
Why do dogs bark
when that's usually why they're there?
Why do we wander from home
if it is really our home?
don't you know that wild animals
get run over on the road?
Why do we hold on to painful thoughts
when it just makes us feel worse?
why do we listen to sad songs
when we're trying to feel better?
Why do we leave our house
when it starts to burn?
because once we leave our home
there's no home anymore.
Why do we wander down the street?
Why do we cuss when we could scream?
Why do we hate when we could love?
Why do we let this world get the better of us?
Why do we drive by people crying
and wonder why no one cries when we hurt?
why do we wander without water
in the middle of the desert?
What's wrong with humanity? !
Why have they screwed-up Christianity? !
Why do they work until they have to drink? !
What more can people take? !
We wander, and you think God just forgives? !
We're the vine, He's the husbandman,
You think He'd stay with a whore? !
Oh, where has love gone, my friends?
Wandering down the empty lanes.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wandering by Kelly Zion )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Deepavu Ninnade.. Gaaliyu Ninnade.., K. S. Narasimhaswamy
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- The Theatre of The Absurd (III), Bijay Kant Dubey
- On My Songs, Luo Zhihai
- There Is A Time When One Forces Oneself .., Shalom Freedman
- Lament to the Full Moon, Geoffrey Fafard
- Roach Talk, Ima Ryma
- Haiku A Butterfly By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- MERCY OUR COVALENCY REMAINS WITH BUOYANCY, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Haiku A Wizened Rose By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- A Cleaner World, Luis Estable
- A Coronary Relapse, white dove