World’s most attentive listeners they are
Never ever speak out only vacantly stare
What you confide in them they quietly accept
Hide in their chambers all your secrets.
When got none to listen your pains and anguishes
Your heart breaks in silence shatter into pieces
Tears of your woes fall like pearl drops unseen
They’re the ones that see but hold them all within.
Sometimes you leave on them streaming river’s stain
They bear it for some time till passes by the rain
Refrains of your soloist heart all your soliloquy
They hear but never divulge friends are they truly.
They are made only to listen never to speak out
Safely share with them your worries your doubts
Within them would ever be hidden all your mystery
Till their ruins are found as relics of history!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Walls by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Ghost, Jhonas Lumanlan
- Eagerly I want to go with you, Gert Strydom
- Prayer and Women, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Love is far more than just lust or desir.., Gert Strydom
- Lie To Me, Rouren Torres
- The Fight, Robert Melliard
- Paying Taxes, Randy McClave
- हांमा गोनां जिव, Bahadur Basumatary
- I Knew What You Knew, Vera Sidhwa
- Wearing the Flaws, Gerry Legister