Walking through the Woods on a Snowy Morning
Nothing is stirring, all is peaceful and quiet,
The earth is blanketed in snowy white,
Alas, where do the cardinals reside, sleep,
They robed in red, royally indiscreet?
A pattern, the scampering of little feet~
Remember they in need of relief.
Mark thou the path of thy life and entreat
Thy breath to match its tempo to the beat.
And as the mystery of life sails by on wings
Thy clouds may begin to smile, even to sing!
Contemplate thou the necessity to heed
The need to forgive thyself, other’s misdeeds, .
Go now, revel in sheer joy and delight
Of the passing of the dark and frigid night.
Marvel, thou, at the sense of calm, of release
That comes with choosing to dwell in peace.
Jackie Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Walking through the Woods on a Snowy Morning by Jackie Allen )
- A pair of eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- Dying In The Truth, Dexsta Ray
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)