Walking through the Woods on a Snowy Morning
Nothing is stirring, all is peaceful and quiet,
The earth is blanketed in snowy white,
Alas, where do the cardinals reside, sleep,
They robed in red, royally indiscreet?
A pattern, the scampering of little feet~
Remember they in need of relief.
Mark thou the path of thy life and entreat
Thy breath to match its tempo to the beat.
And as the mystery of life sails by on wings
Thy clouds may begin to smile, even to sing!
Contemplate thou the necessity to heed
The need to forgive thyself, other’s misdeeds, .
Go now, revel in sheer joy and delight
Of the passing of the dark and frigid night.
Marvel, thou, at the sense of calm, of release
That comes with choosing to dwell in peace.
Jackie Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Walking through the Woods on a Snowy Morning by Jackie Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Smith of Words, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Past IT' is, george albot
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DOUBLE-FACED PEOPLE ناس بوشين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Young Priest, Old Priest, Donal Mahoney
- Till Twilight at Jamia Millia, Riyaz Yamish
- Night Life, Kwadwo Botuo Gyimah
- The Soul Of My Country, Tony Adah
- Down By The Sea, Lilly Emery