I had my mind free enough to watch the color on the air.
The emerald promise I have remembered seemed smiling in its despair.
Filled to the brim with a magic breath I took my next few steps
But the anxious spirit soon burnt out the spell yet I pined to pay off my debts.
Just walk away -That’s what I do
Just walk away-I learnt it from you
Just walk away -That’s how it’s done
Walk away - My friends told me to
Days have gone and I have been rather mystified
Than grown apart and out and strong like a man, bonafide,
Crucified to reality, carved with wisdom and observation
And humored with smirk to every delicate inclination.
The sweet word that is so sung about,
The fragile gift exhibited in and out
Is hard to be found.
Unleash the most efficient hound of hell
And tell me that I am wrong, if you can.
All across a belief prevails,
Every moment its logic fails.
And some have found it so amusing,
They roll their eyes with cigarettes fuming.
I could not be so blatant blind
I hope I don’t set out to find
What led me to here and left me off guard
And drift apart to the birth of love like a holy retard
And find myself in the heart of sun
To see its colors through my veins run.
Debanjan Dhar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Walk Away by Debanjan Dhar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DOUBLE-FACED PEOPLE ناس بوشين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Young Priest, Old Priest, Donal Mahoney
- Till Twilight at Jamia Millia, Riyaz Yamish
- Night Life, Kwadwo Botuo Gyimah
- The Soul Of My Country, Tony Adah
- Down By The Sea, Lilly Emery
- Black Willow, Lilly Emery
- - Let Me -, Aparna Chatterjee