The hardest thing I've had to do
is admit to loving you.
The hardest thing I've had to say
is goodbye and walk away.
When the day comes you need me too,
remember what you've put me through.
If ever you believe you may,
say the words I've begged you say,
take those thoughts and leave.
I've had enough of how you deceive.
Keep this with you in your heart.
It's time to make a fresh start.
The hardest thing I'll ever do
is deny loving you.
The hardest thing to have to say
is goodbye, when you walk away.
Amanda Deupree's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Walk Away by Amanda Deupree )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
Robert Louis Stevenson
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Avoiding, Michael P. McParland
- Hurting 2, Michael P. McParland
- Bitter Tears, Michael P. McParland
- I shall celebrate you, Gilbert, David Munene wa Kimberly
- In A Land Where Every Dream Has Landed, Michael P. McParland
- Zak, Elia Michael
- Totally Exhausted, Michael P. McParland
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael P. McParland
- A Song For Anne, Joseph Archer
- Peace Be With Us, Michael P. McParland