Waking Up On A Rainy Morning
Its rain uninvited perhaps of storms far away,
Knocking at the window to wake me up!
From amidst the letters scribbled last night,
My eyes open to a gloomy rainy day!
A voice shattered of pain not of wine,
Grumbles recollecting a melody enchanting
And sing to the pace of the rhythm of the rain,
Alas! dissolves behind the window glasses,
Within the silence of a twilight morning!
Seeking the meaning on the notes of past,
Looking up to the cloudy horizon,
I feel to sing aloud the songs de novo,
Fingers on my piano tremble of nightmare
That took away serene sleep last night!
Day or night, or pain or pleasure– what matters,
Life is but a walk along the side of a river
That flows tranquil ever upon the path destined
A bracing shower upon senses, of rain, and
There is again sunshine to towel the wetness!
Shower, O rain upon the gloomy mornings,
When there is dirt covering the conscious,
When it is hot and sands cry aloud the pain!
A shower that would gently wake up the soul,
To raise the spirit high upon the skies!
Pigeons await me wet upon the roof
For a handful of grains for their tiny bellies
Take away these seeds, dear ones, and set ahead
For the skies await your joyous wings!
Preeth Nambiar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Waking Up On A Rainy Morning by Preeth Nambiar )
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu