Waking Up On A Rainy Morning
Its rain uninvited perhaps of storms far away,
Knocking at the window to wake me up!
From amidst the letters scribbled last night,
My eyes open to a gloomy rainy day!
A voice shattered of pain not of wine,
Grumbles recollecting a melody enchanting
And sing to the pace of the rhythm of the rain,
Alas! dissolves behind the window glasses,
Within the silence of a twilight morning!
Seeking the meaning on the notes of past,
Looking up to the cloudy horizon,
I feel to sing aloud the songs de novo,
Fingers on my piano tremble of nightmare
That took away serene sleep last night!
Day or night, or pain or pleasure– what matters,
Life is but a walk along the side of a river
That flows tranquil ever upon the path destined
A bracing shower upon senses, of rain, and
There is again sunshine to towel the wetness!
Shower, O rain upon the gloomy mornings,
When there is dirt covering the conscious,
When it is hot and sands cry aloud the pain!
A shower that would gently wake up the soul,
To raise the spirit high upon the skies!
Pigeons await me wet upon the roof
For a handful of grains for their tiny bellies
Take away these seeds, dear ones, and set ahead
For the skies await your joyous wings!
Preeth Nambiar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Waking Up On A Rainy Morning by Preeth Nambiar )
- 수원[수원] ANMA수원[수원] AN, zczx zxczxc
- A Spray of Water: Tanka [one narcissus], Chimako Tada
- And water lies plainly, Laurie Sheck
- Three Little Words, Adam Wilson
- Smile 1, Suresh Dogra
- Inertia of Mind, Aftab Alam
- Page By Page, Katherine Perry
- Break pen, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Robert Lowell
- Soaking Up Essence Of Meaning, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)