Waking Up On A Rainy Morning
Its rain uninvited perhaps of storms far away,
Knocking at the window to wake me up!
From amidst the letters scribbled last night,
My eyes open to a gloomy rainy day!
A voice shattered of pain not of wine,
Grumbles recollecting a melody enchanting
And sing to the pace of the rhythm of the rain,
Alas! dissolves behind the window glasses,
Within the silence of a twilight morning!
Seeking the meaning on the notes of past,
Looking up to the cloudy horizon,
I feel to sing aloud the songs de novo,
Fingers on my piano tremble of nightmare
That took away serene sleep last night!
Day or night, or pain or pleasure– what matters,
Life is but a walk along the side of a river
That flows tranquil ever upon the path destined
A bracing shower upon senses, of rain, and
There is again sunshine to towel the wetness!
Shower, O rain upon the gloomy mornings,
When there is dirt covering the conscious,
When it is hot and sands cry aloud the pain!
A shower that would gently wake up the soul,
To raise the spirit high upon the skies!
Pigeons await me wet upon the roof
For a handful of grains for their tiny bellies
Take away these seeds, dear ones, and set ahead
For the skies await your joyous wings!
Preeth Nambiar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Waking Up On A Rainy Morning by Preeth Nambiar )
- Her enchanted delight, Amgad Samy
- my glasses, Bull Hawking
- 64 and deaf, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- For every star that one see is the star .., Raymond Sawyer
- They came across a homeless-looking man, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- He Is A Clown, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Morally Corrupt, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- hey four eyes with the square tie, Jena Crowe
- Where there respect thus there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- 84 and couldn't speak English, Cyndi K. Gacosta
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)