Waiting for Water
Drip, drip, drip goes my tap.
Drip, drip, drip goes my patience
As I wait for the water company
To come round, my patience to sap
They have given me a six hour run
To come to my rescue today
On a warm beautiful sunny day
Where the dog wants to go out for some fun.
I wait in looking at the clock
Waiting for the time to pass
Listening for every car in the street
But the cars just drive on round the block.
The dog’s looking forlorn and glum
At the waste of a sunny day’s play
As we play their waiting game,
Waiting for the water company to come.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Waiting for Water by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- What I Hold Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Signature Rythmn, Bob Bradley
- Privileged Society, Bob Bradley
- My Little War, Bob Bradley
- Where is it?, Fahri Tasim
- am i pretty?, Rodney R. Cooper
- true story, bro, Mandolyn ...
- What Would I Had Done, Abekah Emmanuel
- beautiful girl nice face, lee fones
- Let's Have A Party!, mary douglas