Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer
Waiting For The Ferry
Yonder sits the tree of valour,
Whose head was once covered with golden crown.
A mighty and deadly allergy to failure,
Whom skin was beautifully brown.
How many mighty men had fallen under its shade?
Yet, the cowards he had shaded from horrors.
The sight of his fearful and wondrous shape,
Sending cold shiver down the spines of warriors.
The orphans his sweet fruits had fed,
And the birds on his branches had roosted.
Great animals under his shadow found bed,
And firmly on his feet, he stayed rooted.
There sits the tree of valour,
Whom head is now a carpet of grey.
A fearful reminder of inevitable failure,
Waiting patiently to be captured as if a prey.
Day and night, he bends his long stem,
Waiting for the arrival of the ferry,
To transport him away from this system,
Beyond the seven rivers of no merry.
When then will the ferry arrive,
And sail him to the glories beyond?
So his last joy he could derive,
From the last journey of no return.
Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Waiting For The Ferry by Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer )
- A Free Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dissolved, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Go boothward young doves, moez meftah
- To Someone Special On Poemhunter, Electric Lady
- Thank You: from a dear friend, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Memories, anthony john cerrito, sr.
- The Sea, Somasekar Sivaprakash
- Gods Revenge, Tango Tango
- 'Valerie', Katherine Nordhaus
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)