Waiting at the Altar
What am i doing here i could have called it off!
Standing at the alter shedding a tear
Getting married for no other reason than the fear
Of hurting those who supported us and made our day
one of happiness so sincere.
I should have, could have walked away!
The bride arrived and i braced myself.
Hoping and praying. she would falter before reaching the altar
As the wedding march played i stood somewhat dismayed.
Oh god shes going to go through with it
I pleaded within myself, please turn, please walk away from this charade
This farce we have created, this debacle of wasted joy, this sham of a wedding and the two young kids stood shaking at the altar.
James Comerford's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Waiting at the Altar by James Comerford )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Simple Thought, Tim Holmes Jr
- A Glowing Angel, Rohit Sapra
- Fire Balls, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- AL-KATTAB (A PLACE USED TO BE AN ALTERNA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I lack true knowledge, gajanan mishra
- THE INEVITABLE DEATH, AMADU KAMARA
- I failed to, gajanan mishra
- essay # i'll never know, gordon nosworthy
- I See The Sun, Pijush Biswas
- Variety of doors!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan