There were moments of anger and waiting,
Rustling and muttering was among the men.
The one cried, the one cried with effects
Constant and overreaching, like barking
From a dog that captured its prey and cooked
It like a chef, then heads of champions cooked it.
Then the lenders of money found a ghost
Which cooked it faster and vaster than pies.
A cartridge was given great care, with food
A mouth entered the scenery of lands that befriended
Us with smiles and laughter,
That encased the buildings we inhabited,
That were fierce as winds in sympathy.
Various positions were rifles,
Red scarves energised a lovely neck
And slotted necklaces,
Fencing like a rapier,
Fondling a book was craftier.
Their moments happened to matter
To all of the landscape behind.
Mouths excited us, when food came
And fixed its home on us.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Waiting Angrily by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Temptation, Joseph Owen Williams
- Old Settler's Song, Kate Harrington
- omschrijving van poezie, co the skipper
- of Peace and Light~, Monk E. Biz
- Twenty - One, Kate Harrington
- Whitewashed Sepulchres, Babatunde Aremu
- The Eastern Star, Kate Harrington
- Foolish Ghosts, Pijush Biswas
- आदुंगारिनिसिम, Bahadur Basumatary
- Dancing on a Moonlit Night, Ronald Chapman