I know not why she exhibits the vulnerability she does,
She has everything, the appreciation, the pedestal, the achievement.
Eventually it does not matter that she is a human,
That she too is a composite of faults, of setbacks, and of melancholy abound.
I know not why the sight of her brings me deep anguish,
She is my failure, the penumbra of the shadow of my incompetence.
It is impossible to fight her, the urge to lash out and the urge to be washed by her glory.
I know not why I pursue the impossible attempt to be her, as it lingers in the depths of the strangled subconscious,
the cacophony of voices, the juxtaposed pulls, all shred the being into indecipherable facets.
I try hard to understand, are her exemplary triumphs, my perceived illusions?
I confront the fear, I supersede the wrenching soul, I realize the frail constitution all our minds share world over.
I know not why, I always let the goodness return, I start to feel my numb limbs again, the hope return.
She is now a distant dream, I get back to work, conscious of my tangible ability, fighting to win,
Until she comes back to haunt me again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Vulnerability by Mugdha Niphadkar )
- Reasonable truth, Kiran Prasad
- Lost Soul In The Hidden Wild, Electric Lady
- 雨Rain, qin xing
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)