Lawrence S. Pertillar
Vivid, Bold And Direct
I am not here to bask in your delusions.
OR paint pictures to depict,
Realities you prefer that do not conflict.
Pastel colors are not on my palate.
Idealistic visions are not what I crave to taste.
I am not that kind of artist to entrap myself,
Or others to medicate...
On those landscapes to erase what aches.
To face that which is to accept and not reject,
Has a way to ease my digestion.
I like it vivid, bold and direct.
Those masquerading presentations,
I find difficult to stomach.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vivid, Bold And Direct by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Sir Rabindranath Tagore