Lawrence S. Pertillar
Vivid, Bold And Direct
I am not here to bask in your delusions.
OR paint pictures to depict,
Realities you prefer that do not conflict.
Pastel colors are not on my palate.
Idealistic visions are not what I crave to taste.
I am not that kind of artist to entrap myself,
Or others to medicate...
On those landscapes to erase what aches.
To face that which is to accept and not reject,
Has a way to ease my digestion.
I like it vivid, bold and direct.
Those masquerading presentations,
I find difficult to stomach.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vivid, Bold And Direct by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Poem: Quiet Spaces, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Where You Are Planted, Evie Shockley
- We are not in favor of, gajanan mishra
- Afterward, Lawrence Beck
- Fourth's Corner, michael walkerjohn
- O stop, little, lovely rose, Saheb Mohapatra
- Diwali For The Dead, Saheb Mohapatra
- DIWALI (Never have I seen.....), Saheb Mohapatra
- Waiting On The Mayflower, Evie Shockley
- All the time, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)