We play in a virtual world
And although the screen conceals
The opposite of my image
Is a person that is very real.
At any given time
I can truly tell you just how I feel
All I can tell you is
Everything I tell you in my heart is very real
We are true in every which way,
As I cry for you, you cry for me.
And when we laugh together,
Its as sincere as one can be.
To me you are a very dear friend
Though to some you may seem like a fantasy.
But when we share our secrets together
I know your reality.
When I read the words you send me
I feel what you mean.
When I feel what comes through your words
I can now feel the unseen
You pick me up when I am down
There you stand unwavering by my side
You are my interpreter when I don’t understand myself
When I’m blind you are my guide.
So tonight, before you drift off to sleep
And feel the breeze cross your face.
Do not fret my love, For its just me blowing
you a kiss from this distant place.
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Virtually true by Jay Aguiniga )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything But God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (Acrostic Poem), Marvin Brato Sr