We play in a virtual world
And although the screen conceals
The opposite of my image
Is a person that is very real.
At any given time
I can truly tell you just how I feel
All I can tell you is
Everything I tell you in my heart is very real
We are true in every which way,
As I cry for you, you cry for me.
And when we laugh together,
Its as sincere as one can be.
To me you are a very dear friend
Though to some you may seem like a fantasy.
But when we share our secrets together
I know your reality.
When I read the words you send me
I feel what you mean.
When I feel what comes through your words
I can now feel the unseen
You pick me up when I am down
There you stand unwavering by my side
You are my interpreter when I don’t understand myself
When I’m blind you are my guide.
So tonight, before you drift off to sleep
And feel the breeze cross your face.
Do not fret my love, For its just me blowing
you a kiss from this distant place.
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Virtually true by Jay Aguiniga )
- Story telling, Nassy Fesharaki
- affection and attraction, maharshi trivedi
- Alankar(Decor) -202, Indira Renganathan
- Embossed!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Vernacular, Mikey Bachman
- The Great Bukowski, Mikey Bachman
- Grenadine, Mikey Bachman
- Keep It Up, Edward Kofi Louis
- Two Golden Stripes, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Deep Is Your Love Towards Me?, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- handles bermuda, rwetewrt erwtwer
- November, Thomas Hood
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1927)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)