As I glance throughout my window, I can see the change of seasons.
The verdure of the summer leaves, now tawny with the autumn fall.
And with the end of summer, I ponder then the change and its reasons.
As the summer breeze, now becomes a brunt of gale that is to befall.
A sudden change, that leaves me alone in my platitude.
Lost in this whirlwind of thought, lie my humbleness and modesty.
Within this befuddled confusion, that is my solitude.
Like the gales that brush the trees stray, my happiness and certainty.
I retreated in such an odd and bewildering osmosis.
With the coming of fall, means my body shall dwell in lassitude.
Guided by a feckless sense of manhood so orgulous.
With the change of seasons, I shall dwell upon another vicissitude.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vicissitude by Franc Rodriguez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- love became LOVE and now i live., Mandolyn ...
- Uncontained Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Structure, Fiona McCullough
- Battles Of The Inner Child, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Multiplying Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- This Is Such A Pity, Electric Lady
- What Happen To Love, Lilly Emery
- The Judges Lied, Tony Adah
- Empty Passages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- In Hiding, Leigh Sena