Lawrence S. Pertillar
Very Few Would Object
If it was about obtaining money...
No one would have known my name.
Only deeds done have brought to me attention.
With a mission to accomplish the doing of it.
Like a tool used and for only that purpose.
If it was about flaunting 'bling' and 'things',
To have others accept me as a conformist...
I would not be disrespected with labels placed.
For purposes to humiliate,
With a taunting to disgrace.
If it was acceptance I chose to chase,
I would be like so many unable to face obstacles.
And if it was not for my faith,
To do that which I was born to do...
Very few would object or find a reason to.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Very Few Would Object by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Homage to Sarah Geronimo 'The Pop Star P.., Ronald Chapman
- False Prophets, Dexsta Ray
- scenic scene, lee fones
- Hold On, Ronald Chapman
- Very simple life, hasmukh amathalal
- SeeAn (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Jenny Cho (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Making It, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- Lisa Kelley (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman