Venus ~ The Roman Goddess of Love
there was a lovely goddess, in the city of ancient rome
with cherubs as her guides, and doves flying above
in the water of love, she was born of frothy sea foam
she was one of exquisite beauty, her specialty was love!
changing people’s hearts was her favourite game
this goddess of beauty and love came enticing
and with rome she was in love, venus was her name
and her touch of seduction, was sweet as cake icing!
for the romans, true love became a wanted blessing
with an explosion of venus' aura, and sexuality
there was caressing, the to die for kissing,
and their love was enhanced with a new vitality!
for this venus was loved, adored, and cherished
and the romans gave her a special festival
on the first day of april, she was celebrated
for she was the goddess of love, she was special!
and a tradition was born, if you need help with love
then remember to ask venus, for help from above!
Rachel Nichols's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Venus ~ The Roman Goddess of Love by Rachel Nichols )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Cinderella's Table Cloth, mary douglas
- Mother Culture's Lullbye - The Culling S.., Joseph DeMarco
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Complain, Sandra Feldman
- Trapped Inside This Head Of Mine, david kush