Venus ~ The Roman Goddess of Love
there was a lovely goddess, in the city of ancient rome
with cherubs as her guides, and doves flying above
in the water of love, she was born of frothy sea foam
she was one of exquisite beauty, her specialty was love!
changing people’s hearts was her favourite game
this goddess of beauty and love came enticing
and with rome she was in love, venus was her name
and her touch of seduction, was sweet as cake icing!
for the romans, true love became a wanted blessing
with an explosion of venus' aura, and sexuality
there was caressing, the to die for kissing,
and their love was enhanced with a new vitality!
for this venus was loved, adored, and cherished
and the romans gave her a special festival
on the first day of april, she was celebrated
for she was the goddess of love, she was special!
and a tradition was born, if you need help with love
then remember to ask venus, for help from above!
Rachel Nichols's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Venus ~ The Roman Goddess of Love by Rachel Nichols )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- She Met Three Interesting People In The .., Toshie Nohara
- Aketay Imetay, D.L. Aceves
- Celestial Musings, Chris Running Bear
- Fairy Tale Of Magical Worlds, Chris Running Bear
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul
- Gazing up the sky, Seira LNlee94