How are you to be a great poet,
When you've got no inspiration,
You're tired, it's late, and
Night after night your mind runs blank?
How many times have you heard the term, “writer’s block? ”
Recall instead that goddess,
Made into human form right before your eyes,
That girl with whom you spent yesterday morning,
Talking on the grass, warmed all over,
Blessed by an eleven-o’clock summer sun.
Now say it aloud!
No harm in letting world to know,
No shame in the telling,
Your mind’s awake from its midnight torpor!
She’s got it! Beauty and love,
She’s fire, she’s my desire.
STANLEY PACION's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Venus by STANLEY PACION )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Opportune Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- OVER THE HARD ROCK OF SUICIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Yesterday's Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Someone's History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On a Love Train, Tosin Abegunde
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I COUNT FROM ONE TO TWENTY EASILY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery