Venice Beach Love Song
She kissed him gently,
lovingly, softly...this was more of a
sweet, extended, tender peck.
The 'nerd' strutting down
the Venice Beach boardwalk
could not possibly be any happier.
He seemed almost ready to go
full Cruise on Oprah to tell us, you, me, everyone
how much in love he is.
He can now be crucified in Dog Town and
it does not matter: the skinny nerd has lived and loved.
Venice Queen smiles, ghosts whirl in the sandy wind.
Leonardo Diaz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Venice Beach Love Song by Leonardo Diaz )
- Silence, RAJ VIKRAM
- Lost Butterfly, Poetic Lilly Emery
- For every smile there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- why i wear thermals, Mandolyn ...
- The Secret Of The Universe, Melissa Cantrell
- Paradise, Sharvali Shinde
- Gift., RAJ VIKRAM
- My eyelids, Sergio Jaime
- I Am Woman, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Unnamed Emotions, Monica Mohan
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley