Did you ever think, Jack sold a cow for some bean
simply because deep down he was a closet Vegan?
And what of our sweet, innocent Little Bo Peep,
How hard was it really, for her to lose those sheep?
And what of the peas porridge cooked hot and cold,
How many people can wait until it was nine days old?
And what of the peck of peppers Peter Piper picked?
Was he a pepper pusher or just a vegetable addict?
And what of Little Jack Horner who risked his thumb,
He didn’t do it for some blackbirds; he did it for plum.
And what of the married Peter Peter Pumpkin eater,
Did his wife really need a pumpkin shell to keep her?
And you know as do I, who we shall never see again,
Thanks to all the King’s horses and all the King’s men.
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Vegan by Elena Plotkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi
- continue counting me, Mandolyn ...
- the tail of poet, ademola oluwabusayo
- the way of the world, ademola oluwabusayo