Did you ever think, Jack sold a cow for some bean
simply because deep down he was a closet Vegan?
And what of our sweet, innocent Little Bo Peep,
How hard was it really, for her to lose those sheep?
And what of the peas porridge cooked hot and cold,
How many people can wait until it was nine days old?
And what of the peck of peppers Peter Piper picked?
Was he a pepper pusher or just a vegetable addict?
And what of Little Jack Horner who risked his thumb,
He didn’t do it for some blackbirds; he did it for plum.
And what of the married Peter Peter Pumpkin eater,
Did his wife really need a pumpkin shell to keep her?
And you know as do I, who we shall never see again,
Thanks to all the King’s horses and all the King’s men.
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Vegan by Elena Plotkin )
- Inner Sacrifice, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Tribute to a Writer, Md. Ziaul Haque
- For Touching You Once, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Be Mine Forever, Md. Ziaul Haque
- It's a Beautiful World, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Beauty, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Divorce, Md. Ziaul Haque
- In the Name of Love, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Spider, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The Wrinkled Log, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- " To His Fairest Valentine Mrs. A. L., Richard Lovelace
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 February 1900 – 11 April 1977)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)