Did you ever think, Jack sold a cow for some bean
simply because deep down he was a closet Vegan?
And what of our sweet, innocent Little Bo Peep,
How hard was it really, for her to lose those sheep?
And what of the peas porridge cooked hot and cold,
How many people can wait until it was nine days old?
And what of the peck of peppers Peter Piper picked?
Was he a pepper pusher or just a vegetable addict?
And what of Little Jack Horner who risked his thumb,
He didn’t do it for some blackbirds; he did it for plum.
And what of the married Peter Peter Pumpkin eater,
Did his wife really need a pumpkin shell to keep her?
And you know as do I, who we shall never see again,
Thanks to all the King’s horses and all the King’s men.
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Vegan by Elena Plotkin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Εntity, Elena Ioannou
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque