Did you ever think, Jack sold a cow for some bean
simply because deep down he was a closet Vegan?
And what of our sweet, innocent Little Bo Peep,
How hard was it really, for her to lose those sheep?
And what of the peas porridge cooked hot and cold,
How many people can wait until it was nine days old?
And what of the peck of peppers Peter Piper picked?
Was he a pepper pusher or just a vegetable addict?
And what of Little Jack Horner who risked his thumb,
He didn’t do it for some blackbirds; he did it for plum.
And what of the married Peter Peter Pumpkin eater,
Did his wife really need a pumpkin shell to keep her?
And you know as do I, who we shall never see again,
Thanks to all the King’s horses and all the King’s men.
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Vegan by Elena Plotkin )
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touch-me-not, Naveed Khalid
- The Sword and the Plowshare, John F. McCullagh
- On the road a Recovery Poem, jeff newnham
- Sinners, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- An Image Of An Old House, Yohan Confectioner
- Autumn Equinox, Jacqueline Nash
- Portrait, Md. Mujib Ullah
- Childhood Never Returns, Md. Mujib Ullah
- I Am A Happy Old Man, Shalom Freedman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)