Variable Reality(postmodernist poem)
I see my snowy steps disappearing into the
snow. The coldness will swallow them.
The wet winces the snow, wetter than any wince.
I am more involved in a sharp snowless stretch
than I was ever. I forgot that I'm existent.I try
to remember. A cloud is tossing its white to rain.
Nothing never rains outside, everything rains
inside. Everything is tossing firstly before raining.
The trees always feel this. They are existent.
The trees need to be existent. This freezing rain
is breaking the tree limbs. Their branches are
encapsulated in glaze ice. I need my steps back.
I hear a song coming from the coffee house. There
is a coffee stain on my right shoe. I take a taxi to go
nowhere. This rain falls down over the snow blanket.
The snow is existent until it becomes a bed for the
falling rain. I can be existent as long as I'm not cold.
This rain is not a tropical one, and I cannot care less.
There is something moving toward. It's my body. There
is something having no beginning and no end. It's the
movement in losing time. Rain and snow need time
to prove their similar personality and their different
appearance.Time is existent. I'm not existent in another
particular time. I can't come into existence twice.
Marieta Maglas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Variable Reality(postmodernist poem) by Marieta Maglas )
Did you read them?
- Thoughts of Perfection, michael walkerjohn
- Coffee & cream, Mark Heathcote
- An African Woman Unfolds, michael walkerjohn
- The Daughter of the Earth - 43, gajanan mishra
- Prove your presence, hasmukh amathalal
- Do Early Birds Really Catch the Worm?, Dr John Celes
- I Did It Well, Vera Sidhwa
- Epistemology, michael walkerjohn
- Rain at the Glass Window, Ismim Putera
- Come Away With Me, Almedia Knight Oliver
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)