Valley Of 10,000 Smokes
The Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes,
The aftermath of steam from ash
That a blown volcano evokes,
Spewing forth miles a fiery splash.
One hundred years ago the burst,
The hot is cold, but the name stays.
Deep cut canyons are interspersed
Through the valley, rivers made ways.
The Novarupta volcano,
Long quiet on the Mount Katmai.
Animal life like bears go,
Ever alert with ear and eye.
If and when the bears away race,
Smokes are returning to this place.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Valley Of 10,000 Smokes by Ima Ryma )
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ동묘오피녀 ⓑ대전오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- L.Messi 오피뷰 동묘오피 KTwiz 대전오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- Needing Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drivers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Respect the seniments, hasmukh amathalal
- Cherishing Each Other, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Joining In Laughter, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Darkness within heart, hasmukh amathalal
- What's Overaching Beyond The Night Sky? .., Merton Lee
- Remote control, Brian Kilpatrick
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Heart and I, Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)