Valley Of 10,000 Smokes
The Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes,
The aftermath of steam from ash
That a blown volcano evokes,
Spewing forth miles a fiery splash.
One hundred years ago the burst,
The hot is cold, but the name stays.
Deep cut canyons are interspersed
Through the valley, rivers made ways.
The Novarupta volcano,
Long quiet on the Mount Katmai.
Animal life like bears go,
Ever alert with ear and eye.
If and when the bears away race,
Smokes are returning to this place.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Valley Of 10,000 Smokes by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- OVER THE HARD ROCK OF SUICIDE فوق صخرة ا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Today I Watched A fly, Kyle Schlicher
- Opportune Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- OVER THE HARD ROCK OF SUICIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Yesterday's Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Someone's History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On a Love Train, Tosin Abegunde
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak