Alan Bruce Thompson
Valentine's First Letters
V alentine was a martyr for the Faith Divine,
A priestly man was he from a House so fine.
L overs he secretly married, as they waited in line,
E mperor Claudius's soldiers preferred to wine and dine.
N o man wanted to fight, to march up the Rhine.
T he Emperor told Valentine, your head is mine,
I ndeed at the Lupercalia in front of Junos' shrine,
N o heart was worn on his sleeve, but soon became the sign,
E ach and every lover remembers Saint Valentine.
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Valentine's First Letters by Alan Bruce Thompson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- pyar ke ghronde me, Aftab Alam
- Forgetting past, Nick Kler
- Country in despair, Bernard Onoja
- Forgivness, Nick Kler
- Beauty, andrew reeves
- Sweet Mirage, Maureen Alikor
- Circus of life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Kalidas- - - (Shakespeare of India), Aftab Alam
- Laugh and grow fat, Bernard Onoja
- Follow Your Heart, Apurva Prabhudesai