'Useless'..... [Human Uselessness; PSYCHOLOGY; Useless Advice? ; Humor/Humour? ; Sort Of SHORT]
'Useless' can be a nasty word; it can make one feel just like a turd.
But, if you think about it, that's ABSURD. [It' just a word! ! ] …. 'Useless'
I suppose, at times, it's said in jest, or at a bothered mind's behest.
But you'd better never (it) believe, ‘cause if you do, you may be apt to grieve,
AND wish you‘d never ever been born, AND think of …..Mom and Dad with scorn.
You may be bald, deaf, or even toothless,
but NO ONE ever is …..COMPLETELY useless!
WELL ……NO, I'll NOT say …….some things that I 'could'.
They might hurt YOU and YOU. That'd be NO GOOD!
So keep deluding yourselves. Yes! YOU-be-RUTHLESS!
AND keep telling yourselves 'I'M NOT USELESS! '
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Useless'..... [Human Uselessness; PSYCHOLOGY; Useless Advice? ; Humor/Humour? ; Sort Of SHORT] by Bri Edwards )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- The Dirty Old Man of India, Khushwant Si.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Came I to summer, Nero CaroZiv
- Under The Lantern Light I Used To Read, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Oh, never more!, Nero CaroZiv
- Da Monologue [From 'What The Sentinel Sa.., Joseph Archer
- Balances, Smoky Hoss
- Alone And Wretched, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- A Wanderer, Noah Body
- Adil Jussawalla A Poet Of The Fragmented.., Bijay Kant Dubey