It showed simple questions
With thoughts of blond men and women
Going on deck and slaughtering
The weak, infirm believers,
With sour-faced people belonging to the floor.
Crowning the face of the pain,
A man of indecent verbosity obscured
The sight offered by some of those waiting
The screen was upset, the screen was an apology,
Worthier men delivered their hundredfold prayers,
With ablutions and supplications to follow,
But the poisonous air wailed and shrugged
Forcing the comrades to leap into the air
With ferocious calls of their own majesty.
Swearing was not allowed,
Swans flew above their heads
As they swore never to lean on shoulders,
In their nakedness and slum.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Upsetting Thoughts by Naveed Akram )
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison
- Bee, Nassy Fesharaki
- Mulk Raj Anand As I Saw Him, Knew Him, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning Triku II, Steve Kittell
- Hurly-Burly هرج و مرج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- INCINERATED, Satish Verma
- Power absolute, Murtaza Micky Yusuf