Kathy Styles Sheeran
Up At Midnight
I walked to the fridge because I was oh so hungry.
I opened the door and saw old, green baloney.
Chunks of rotten cheese filled one side of the wall,
Piles of unfinished dinner were raised super tall.
Off to my left, I saw some meat.
Beside me on my right, something smelled like feet.
'Oh my gosh! ' I screamed in my head.
I wondered, 'Should I just go to bed? '
My stomach growled so loud the whole world could hear,
dying of starvation was my only fear.
Then I heard the melted chocolate talk- I swear.
I searched, but only saw Nutella filled with hair.
It wasn't worth it, this midnight snack.
I considered it again, and started to head back.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Up At Midnight by Kathy Styles Sheeran )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poetic styles, Somanathan Iyer
- Unknown Cat, Somanathan Iyer
- Around us, Somanathan Iyer
- Don't ask certain people what food you h.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Empty Cartridge, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Your Love, abigail sikwenda
- The Missing Feeling, abigail sikwenda
- Lights Off, abigail sikwenda
- Situationships, abigail sikwenda
- Kind leaning, hasmukh amathalal