What can I say about a perfect day in October?
a mild sun that appears to be fused with silver.
A few cumuli, looking like a bride’s belt,
and the sky has a blueness that is not deep
rather of mythical haziness, a dream not yet
realized seeking understanding of something
that is limitless. The garden is full of flowers, it
is as a new spring has sprung, wordless and
in supple silence I can hear the forest’s animals
sigh in utter contentment.
I cannot afford to sleep I must catch this very
moment before the good days end.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unusual October by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Truth, Michael McParland
- The Sweetness, Michael McParland
- The Sweetest Girl, Michael McParland
- The Storm, Michael McParland
- The Step, Michael McParland
- The Sound, Michael McParland
- The Scene, Michael McParland
- The Only One, Michael McParland
- The Night Glorious Light, Michael McParland
- The Move, Michael McParland