Was this ever real?
Were these emotions ever true?
As I sold myself for you.
A token of our commitment.
As my heart shown true.
I fought for you.
Against family, against friends.
And you look at me like the enemy.
When we talked,
As I laid that white, golden masterpiece on your finger.
We had plans to overcome.
As we believed we were meant to be together.
But now it seems like cold, blue steel.
If only we could be true.
If only we could follow through with what we decided.
I am ready too.
But even if my heart says yes.
It takes two to turn this steel,
Into the masterpiece it was again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Untitled by Andrew Peterkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To whom I am going, gajanan mishra
- In The Process Of Existence, Naveed Akram
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus