Was this ever real?
Were these emotions ever true?
As I sold myself for you.
A token of our commitment.
As my heart shown true.
I fought for you.
Against family, against friends.
And you look at me like the enemy.
When we talked,
As I laid that white, golden masterpiece on your finger.
We had plans to overcome.
As we believed we were meant to be together.
But now it seems like cold, blue steel.
If only we could be true.
If only we could follow through with what we decided.
I am ready too.
But even if my heart says yes.
It takes two to turn this steel,
Into the masterpiece it was again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Untitled by Andrew Peterkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI