Waltz For Zizi
Until I Gain The Courage To Sleep
Your lips, they're not dreaming of kisses
like mine do,
and it's wrong to give you wings again,
when you hide your white skin from me,
under thick layers of clothes.
Your eyes, always falling on others,
today they do the same, and a bit more,
carefully avoiding me, like disease.
even they get more attention from you.
My love, is not for someone like you.
Tonight, I uncork my bottomless heart again
and sipp from it's oldest love,
until I gain the courage to sleep
in this sheetless bed, without you.
Who are you,
to chain your kisses on my ankles,
just because I loved you
when you happened to love me too?
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Until I Gain The Courage To Sleep by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- To My Juliet, Where The Chains Of Love a.., Captain Cur
- Roommates, S. I. Rednow
- That Last Piece of Cake, Phyllis Strong
- What Makes A Man A Man, John Masaitis
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello