(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
Many have been wounded on the
battlefield of life. Wounded, in
their homes, streets and back
alleys of social interaction.
In the battle to survive, are there
more formidable enemies, than
grief, loneliness, illness, poverty,
and lost love?
So many, although seemingly
defeated, by an army of foes,
to opposition of life and living,
they fight...go on.
Countless millions, are wounded by
emotional bullets...lethal grenades
of death, taking a loved one... and the
machine gun fire, of cancer and
other devastating diseases.
Yet, with a courage that can not be
measured, these unsung heroes
Let there be a Congressional Medal
Of Honor, for life, for those unsung
heroes and their unyielding courage. Let
them know, in their time of need,
we shall provide them with, they emotional
medicine and care they require.
Love, compassion and understanding.
The next time, the word 'hero' is spoken,
look around, for on the battlefield of
life, there are millions, 'of unsung hero's.'
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unsung Hero's by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Family Watching Television, Justin Reamer
- Matrimonial, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- And Diamond Light Filled The Kingdom, mary douglas
- Its your bday again, Sneha Celine
- The Ice Cream Panes Of August Melt, mary douglas
- Mad truth....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Summer's End, Rebecca Leidner
- Before the Storm, Justin Reamer
- A Fast Approaching Storm (tanka), hap rochelle
- Rescue Dog, Rebecca Leidner