On my desk of memories
lies a blank page,
an unaddressed envelope,
and pretty pictures of my love.
On my desk of desires
lies a leaking fountain pen,
two stamps stuck together,
and an open thesaurus.
On my desk of thoughts
lies words unwritten,
and these unsent letters.
On the desk of my life
lies the girl I remember,
the woman I hunger for,
and the lady I love.
On the desk of my reality
lies your warm embraces,
gently passionate loving words,
and you at the end of the day.
On the desk of my days
lies the words of poetry,
lyrics to songs
and no unsent letters.
Mahfooz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unsent letters by Mahfooz Ali )
- If People Were Pooches, Rachel LeBaron
- My heart needs a rest, Jesus James Llorico
- Empty life حياة فارغة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Elizabeth my Muse of love poetry., Erato
- I Am Not, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Empty life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Met Tuckerpuppy and Twittermouse, Bruce Larkin
- Longings et. Al., Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- About Tuckerpuppy, Bruce Larkin
- Submit, Teach, Love, Trust & Forgive., Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)