Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
Unrest Soul: Sin in Gene
My ancestor's gene is bad,
O what a sin
Committed, I inherited,
Running after them,
With the sense of music and ear,
Same evil I do.
Doctrines expect good in me,
O what a task
Failed, not my making; why trait?
Like computer to instructions,
Same evil they did.
Give everyman a different trait,
O hear me lord
Surely, like thumb-print
If I sin,
A different evil I do.
Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unrest Soul: Sin in Gene by Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche )
- My Ego & my Wife, Laxman Rao
- Seed of Revenge, Oduro Bright Amoh
- In The Blue, Spiritwind Wood
- Love me when I am afraid to lust, Nancy Handabile
- Chilled Petal, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Yes, We Are Nigeria, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- 1960, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
- Spark of a thought, Laxman Rao
- A Judgmental Society, Savino Terrazas
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)