Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
Unrest Soul: Sin in Gene
My ancestor's gene is bad,
O what a sin
Committed, I inherited,
Running after them,
With the sense of music and ear,
Same evil I do.
Doctrines expect good in me,
O what a task
Failed, not my making; why trait?
Like computer to instructions,
Same evil they did.
Give everyman a different trait,
O hear me lord
Surely, like thumb-print
If I sin,
A different evil I do.
Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unrest Soul: Sin in Gene by Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche )
- Having Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gardener, Naveed Khalid
- On Valentine, Naveed Khalid
- Radiant Night, Lilly Emery
- Christmas Eve, Naveed Khalid
- Keyboards Of Inner Piety, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You & I, Naveed Khalid
- Newton's Sleep, Naveed Khalid
- Isle Of Man, Naveed Khalid
- Daylight Sunrises, RoseAnn V. Shawiak